Monday, June 15, 2009

351 days and counting.....

You know that song, " I can see clearly now that the rain is gone" ? That is totally how I feel, like a fog has been lifted. We even went through 2 days of not hearing from Michael at all and I didn't even break a sweat. Which is unusual for me. I am a control freak, love to have things planned out. That is just how I am. So naturally I am going to have some rough moments with this separation. Even Emily is doing better, the tantrums are few and far between. Nothing major like last week. Believe me, I know we will have down days, but right now I am going to enjoy the good. I have spent a lot of time reading since Michael left and that has helped keep my mind off things. In fact I have read 3 books in the last 2 days. I feel bad though because my scrapping has been affected. I haven't scrapped in months and while Michael was home we packed everything up and put it in the closet. I just have lost the desire to scrap right now.

Well I have to run- gotta clean and get some laundry done :) Here are some recent pics-

Amanda

3 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Hey Amanda - glad the fog is lifting a bit for you. Hang in there and maybe you and I can come out a scrapping hiatus together at some point here. Focus right on making each day the best it can be.
Thinking of you!

A Soldier Girl said...

Hang in there girl .. scrapping might help. Trust me I know. I am active duty and so is hubs and he is currently deployed and my kiddos and scrappin keep me going .. but more so them than the paper lol.

Hugs and Happy 4th of July.

xo

Amanda Oates said...

Shannon- miss you girlie!!! I am totally for coming out of the scrapping hiatus with you..

awe thank you Sasha!! Praying for you and your family. I am slowly trying to scrap again..