I have totally neglected this blog, sorry. ;) Between spending 2 weeks in FL, then dealing with some health issues with my daughter, I have been a little busy. Oh yea and it is Christmastime to boot. As we get closer to Christmas, the more excited I get. This is the first year we are spending Christmas here in NC and the first year that we arent traveling home to be with family. My aunt went to FL last weekend (she lives down the road from me) and brought back tons of presents from my mom and my husbands grandparents. I totally want to tear into the presents NOW, but alas I am going to be patient and wait. On the other hand after the "tear into the presents excitement" left, I was feeling a little bluesy. I miss my mom terribly and it's all I can do to not jump into the car and drive to FL. Then I realize this is a great Family time for me and my little family. Michael may be deployed next year we just dont know. We only have 8 months of recruiting left and truth be told I am a little scared of whats to come. It's weird I was really upset and hated recruiting life in the begining. I honestly didnt know how we were going to handle the "recruiters lifestyle", but now 2.5 years later we are in a groove with everyday life and changing that literally scares me. Yes the hours suck and my husband is always stressed out, but atleast he is home most of the time. I look back and I should have been more grateful for the time we got to spend together and not bitter for the time we didnt.
Ok so let me get off that soapbox and onto some fun.... In honor of Christmas I would like to give out a little RAK. So if you leave a comment, I will draw a name on Saturday December 22nd.
And you know I cant leave a blog post without photos- here are some recent ones :)




And since this is supposed to be a scrap blog here is some scrappy work :)



Merry Christmas Everyone :) Have a wonderful Day, Amanda
31 comments:
Oh, Amanda, you have a beautiful family! I really should pull out my two legged tri-pod and try to get some Christmas photos in front of the tree. Your newest layouts are just beautiful!
Amanda, look at how long your hair has gotten. Those photos are just gorgeous and I LOVE your new layouts.
(((hugs))) for you and what may be coming. My DH is deploying in Feb for 120 days... :(, but I am not going to complain because it is nothing like what you Army wives are having to deal with...
smiles!
The photos and LO's are great!! I love Emily's Mickey Mouse sweater!
So fun to see you posting again, I know its hard to get it all in this time of year!
Great Christmas photos! Great to see your family.
Love the page at the end of this post. Beautiful
Amanda this is a fantastic layout ! Love the colors on the black...they just pop! Your family pics are really cute. I am kind of partial to the one of your daughter smiling with her Mickey sweater on...too CUTE ! Happy Holidays !
You have more control than me! I probably would have ripped those presents open.
Big hugs!! I know its hard to be away from your family on holidays. Ive had to do that myself a few times. Try to talk to everyone on the phone... it helped me a little.
Loving your family pics! You guys look gorgeous!
What lovely pics! Love you layouts too!! HOpe you have a great Christmas!
You and your family are adorable! I know your mom probably wishes you could come for Christmas too....I know I wish I could see my kids!
what a fun blog!!! beautiful work!
such a gorgeous family...love all of those smiles!!!! Hope you have a very merry christmas
Beautiful family and beautiful layouts. Merry Christmas!
you guys are so cute! And I know I would like a more frequent blog posting....just a little xmas wish from someone who reads it, a lot!
Hi Amanda it's me Dillydallytally what great photo's and layouts. I see you have someone who is not afraid of the camera she is so cute and what a ham.
great photos!
cute pictures! Hope you guys have a fabulous Christmas :)
Hey I just got that photo in the mail today! :) Love your card! Have a Merry one!
PS. Your SS gift is wrapped and ready to go! (Just have to get my butt to the PO!)
hi saw your post on tally and thought i check it out and add you to my list of blogs i pop by. It so nice to see such a cute little girl. I bet she has a great christmas enjoy the memories.
I love the pics and your layouts! Such a cute family :)
You and your family are just adorable! Have a great holiday, Amanda!!!
Joan aka {raisingAlexis}
Merry Christmas to YOU and your FAMILY! Count me in on this sweet mystery candy! Love the pictures and the layouts. They are great.
Thanks for a chance.
cmeyers@hughes.net
Thanks for sharing the photos--they are beautiful.
I sure hope you have a wonderful Christmas in NC.
Linda Peterson
craftylin1968@aol.com
What a beautiful family. I just love your scrapbooking layouts. Have a wonderful holidays and enjoy your family.
You are a lovely family! Have a wonderful holiday season.
Claudia
scfranson@charter.net
{{HUGS}} Amanda, I know its got to be hard to be away from your family. Military life isn't always what its cracked up to be...don't get me wrong, I love it, but its hard sometimes, especially around the holidays. Are you guys going to be transferring after his recruiting duty is up or staying there. Great pics on your blog and beautiful layouts. You three are so cute together.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year....only a couple days left till you can tear open those presents :o)
Laurajean
OMG, Amanda, my husband was a recruiter too! We've been out of the Army now for about three years, but I remember those late hours and stressful times!
Love your family pics...have a happy Christmas! :)
a tree-standing upright-with no cats in it? How cool is that?
Beautiful pics...and I love the LOs!!
what wonderful Christmas photos. Wish I could get my DH to take some with me like that! grrr. Sorry your little one has not been 100%. I hope everything will be okay
Amanda, your Christmas photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Those are wonderful family photos! Merry Christmas to your whole family!
Post a Comment